The BCSWomen Lovelace Colloquium is a national one-day conference for women undergraduates in computing and related subjects. In 2013 it was held at the University of Nottingham on April 4.
- Natasha Alechina of Nottingham
- Jemma Chambers of CISCO
- Julie Greensmith of Nottingham
- Gillian Arnold, BCSWomen chair and Tectre
- Hannah Dee of Aberystwyth University
- Milena Nikolic of Google
Poster contests winners:
The Google Excellence Award for Best First Year (£500) went to:
- Roseanna McMahon, of the University of Bath
The second year student poster award, sponsored by the HEA, was so difficult to judge we gave two equal second place awards.
- First prize (£300) went to Carys Williams of the University of Bath
- Joint second prize awards (£100 each) went to Heidi Howard of the University of Cambridge, and Jo Dowdall of the University of Dundee
The best final year student poster award was sponsored by EMC, and went to
- First place (£300): Sia Xin Yun Suzannah of University of Edinburgh
- Second prize (£200): Dung Kim Hoang Tran of the University of Bath
The best Masters student poster award, sponsored by FDM, was also exceptionally difficult to judge. So we decided to split the prize and give two first place awards of £150 each to:
- Blessing Mbipom of Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Maraim Masoud of University of Southampton
And finally the people’s choice award for best poster as voted for by the attendees (£150, sponsored by Interface3) went to Alexandra Kearney, of the University of Edinburgh
If you would like to be kept up-to-date with all BCSWomen Lovelace matters, please sign up to the Google group BCSWomen-Lovelace-Publicity: https://groups.google.com/group/bcswomen-lovelace-publicity. This group is absolutely announcement only, and will not get more than five messages a year.